Answer: Preparation and planning is better seen as the first step to focus on.
There are several good reasons for this as follows
- Preparation needs to be completed before it is useful, so it is important to define it and complete it.
- You can focus better on something that is clear, so decide what you need to do for preparation and get it done.
- It is easy to procrastinate during preparation and planning and never get to the action, so defining it as a step helps get through it and close it.
- You can micro-celebrate the completion of the preparation step.
- Things can go dramatically wrong in anything without proper planning, but if in doubt, it is probably better to take action than get stuck in planning because the experience gained through action will be more valuable than the experienced gained through planning.
Love the feedback, keep it coming, check the how to focus post for the 5 steps.
For those dedicated UR readers, the traffic on UR looks quite like this. With regular Google and other setbacks.
Setbacks and slow progress are to be expected. Don’t sweat it, just refocus and keep going. My focus step 1 (Think Of Your Big Goal, Feel It And Smile) for this is “I am so pleased that 10 thousand people per day find value at UpgradeReality” Thanks Diggy and all those who have contributed as well as those who feedback and simply enjoy.