Because there are a few different types of Manifestation, it is often confused with magic or sensational luck and not taken seriously. Some coincidences really do appear impossible, but for me, manifestation is really about realizing goals as easily as possible rather than impossibly easily. Big goals are tough and although I remain open minded to the possibility of magic, I don’t rely on my open-mindedness to manifest. For me, manifestation is the coming together of belief, positioning, action and just a little luck. Let me explain then give an example of how I achieved one of my goals through manifestation recently.
You Must Believe
Belief is essential to manifest any goal because otherwise my plans are simply not going to happen. The highest risk is simply giving up too early, but there are other risks like self-sabotage. Self sabotage includes lack of focus, misdirected energy, negative self talk and actually listening to what other people want to tell me about my goals (definitely not advised). Goals take time to manifest, therefore strong belief that I can and will achieve what I set out to achieve is essential. I described an easy way to test my belief in this earlier post on using Future Completed tense.
You Must Position Yourself
Proximity is Power. Full immersion is the best way to breakthrough and build momentum no matter what the activity. I learnt fluent German with full immersion in 3 months, it took another 3 months before I was able to work professionally in German. It is possible to achieve a massive amount in a short period using immersion. Immersion in this case meant living in Germany and focusing on learning the language as well as culture. Immersion is a good way to take massive action.
If I can’t immerse myself, then getting as close as possible to the end goal speeds education, capability and increases the chance of experiencing coincidences (some call it luck). For me, this may mean changing where and how I spend my time, diving into research, meeting people who know more than I do, mapping out the big picture, looking at the trends and influences that affect my goal, visualizing what it feels like after I have achieved my goal (mental immersion). I have also changed jobs taking lower pay to get closer to my goals. The advantages that lie at the end of an exponential growth curve are nothing compared to the minor setbacks along the way.
There is a second aspect of positioning which applies to some situations. Trends have massive power and going against a trend is a recipe for failure in most cases. If it is possible to get ahead of a trend, then the trend can sometimes make realizing a specific goals very easy because of the momentum of the trend. The trend is your friend.
Trends I’m watching include
- the increasing usage of mobile devices
- the (admittedly slow) shift to more power given to women in society
- the increasing affluence in nations like India and China (not forgetting S.America, Indonesia, etc)
- the devaluation of national currencies (aka inflation)
You Must Take Action
Action is the confirmation of the belief and decision that I will achieve my goal. Nothing happens without action. What can happen though is that by focusing on the goal, my skills improve such that my actions feel easy, even effortless sometimes. This is especially so in hindsight and even more so for other people who look at the action taker and say things like “Everything comes easy to them, they are just lucky”
Massive action and stamina is the recipe for achieving massive goals.
A big part of action is the management of energy. The the main two aspects are:
- the ability to direct enough energy at the goal and
- the ability to manage energy drains.
These are skills that can be learnt.
You Need To Let Go
(let’s call it Luck)
The best way to generate luck is through positioning and action without trying too hard for the perfect result. You need to let go. Luck itself really plays a minor role, but you do need a little luck in anything you do just to avoid being run over by the proverbial bus. My grandfather used to say
The harder I work, the luckier I get.
Others have said it, but my grandfather was also the one who taught me about the bus.
If you want to know more about generating and creating luck, check here: The luckiest page on the internet.
A Recent Manifestation Example.
My Goal: Create videos with a great message in 5 minutes uploaded to YouTube.
My Why & Decision: One of the things I have been working on is UpgradeReality Questions. These are questions like What am I trying to achieve? to ask and answer giving perspective, energy, focus, ideas, etc. I have over 200 of them collected now and I am in the process of getting them out on Youtube.com/UpgradeRealityTV. It simply won’t be possible to get these out if I can’t do them quickly and I also need a similar process in my other business.
My Belief: One of my key skills in is automation and process re-engineering. I’ve done it in the past and realized efficiencies of 1000% (IE the new process takes only 10% of the time compared to the original process). This forms the foundation for my belief and confidence in this case.
- Planning & Education: I knew I would need to skill up so since another of my beliefs is that you either pay for education at the start or you pay in the end through lost time and mistakes, I took the following 2 courses:
- Building Capabilities: Next I hired VAs from the Philippines and we started working together.
- Focus: Together we learnt the ropes, built and improved the process.
- Setbacks: I had to let several VAs go before I found VAs who I worked well with. This is all part of the learning. I’m sure some of the blame (which there is no point in hanging onto) lies with me in that I may not have been clear or organized enough, and some lies with the fact that not all people will work well together.
- Energy & The Kicker: Then one day, I took on a challenge just like I recommend in URQ: Am I Up To The Challenge? My challenge was to produce a video in a day to win a prize for an internet marketing thing (no, I didn’t win). It took me about 4 hours to make the video because my VA who I had been working on the main video process had called in sick, so I had to train one of my other VAs and work with him to make the video. This is the video we produced that day. Please note, my videos are more about message than perfection.
- Manifestation: When my VA returned to work the following week, she didn’t know that I didn’t need the video any more, so she made it for me. She made it exactly as I asked for using the process we had developed with no additional time input from me. She used my original Jing instructions (under 5 minutes) and at that point, I knew that it is now possible for me to make videos in exactly 5 minutes. This is the video she produced for me. I think you will agree, it is quite good for exactly 5 minutes work on my part. Her later ones are getting better each time.
- Time: It has taken me approximately 4 months to get to this point.
Subsequent videos have taken me longer (I’ve only done about 3 more at time of writing) but having made one, I now have a baseline of what is possible and I have more clarity around why other videos take longer. This is around my ability to deliver a clear message in one recording which is a skill I can improve as well as structure of that message and the clarity of my instructions (usually 1-2 minutes after the 90 second recording).
You are destined to go and do great things.
If you liked this post, check out Am I Following My Heart And Am I Chasing It? This video is spoken in First Person Future Completed (imagine you are the one speaking it). I have not finished the intro and outro parts of our video process, so you will see both the possibilities as well as the gaps.